Fall Flavor Profile
A common everyday household spice, cinnamon has been used since ancient Egypt and comes from the branches of trees of the "Cinnamomum" family. This tasty, magical spice is native to the Caribbean, South America, and Southeast Asia.
Cinnamon is a great additive to your coffee, ProFunction smoothie or juice to add a plethora of health benefits. Read on to check out a 8 benefits below.
There are two types of cinnamon:
- Ceylon cinnamon: Also known as "true" cinnamon.
- Cassia cinnamon: The more common variety today, which is what people typically refer to as "cinnamon."
Cinnamon Health Claims:
1) Can assist with fungal infections.
2) Can improve glucose and lipid levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
3) May help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
4) Lowers the negative effects of high-fat meals.
5) Is loaded with antioxidants.
6) Has anti-inflammatory properties.
7) May help fight HIV.
8) May protect against cancer.
Vanilla, Chocolate, & Cinnamon go great together! Try our vanilla & chocolate flavors of TradeUp, GreenUp, Enlighten, and MetaBoost and add a dash to your next ProFunction fuel!